Thursday 19 February 2009

I have just bought a cold frame, some seed compost and some propagators cheep from ALDI supermarket, and some seeds from Homebase. Only trouble is, I don't know what to do with them. I know I need them, because I have seen them on gardening programs on telly, but I have never grown anything from seed before. Except for cress. I will be hitting the books tonight looking for wisdom.
I have bought £20 worth of seeds: Broccoli, onions, summer cabbage, carrots, beetroots, butternut squash, sprouts and seed potatoes. All vegetables we use a lot in cooking, so are certain to enjoy when we harvest them. I don't really know how many seeds to buy. Hopefully I have got enough. It's got to be better to have too much. I can always give some away too my fellow allotmenters (Or should that be allotmentites? or allotmenteers? or allotmnetians?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me